Medford Social Studies Department Mission
The Medford Public Schools is committed to providing all students with the academic and problem-solving skills essential for personal development, responsible citizenship and life-long learning. The Social Studies Department’s curriculum goals for all grades are as follows:
* To provide the educational foundation to prepare students to hold “the office of citizen.”
* To recognize our binding heritage in a democratic vision of liberty, equality, justice, and the belief that a society can undertake to govern itself though the will of its people.
* To promote and nurture respect among students for each other, their school, and greater community.
* To develop awareness, appreciation and understanding of democratic values, precepts and practices.
* To foster in students the knowledge, skills and commitment to strengthen their community, state, country, and world beyond their school years.